Developmental Program - Junior Olympic Gymnastics Training
Lake City Twisters is proud to provide a strong Developmental Program for competitive junior gymnasts. Our Development Program (formerly Junior Olympic) is comprised of Levels 3-10. Our teams practice 4-10 hours a week for compulsory levels and 15-20 hours a week for our Optional level gymnasts. All of our teams are provided high level coaching to help each gymnast reach her goals and fulfill her potential.
In the compulsory levels (3-5), gymnasts:
- Perform the same skills and routines for each event
- Compete in competitions within the state of Wisconsin from September through November with the opportunity to qualify and compete in the State Meet in December
- Must perform competitively before moving on to optional levels 7-10
- Develop critical personal and social skills in a safe environment
In the advanced optional levels (7-10), gymnasts:
- Perform their own routines with specific requirements
- Select skill choices that will vary among competitors at the same level
- Compete in competitions throughout the region and the country.
- Have the opportunity to advance through State, Regional and National competitions competing against gymnasts throughout the country.
- Have a chance to fulfill their dreams of competing in college
Gymnasts are invited to our teams based on their skill level, coachability, behavior and willingness to work hard. If you have interest in our team programs at Lake City Twisters Gymnastics, read through our FAQs to learn more about our Junior Olympic gymnastics training, or contact us to get started.